Principles of Fratellone Medical Treatment Center
The principles of integrative medicine underlie the practice of Fratellone Medical Associates, which offers the highest standards of excellence in a full array of treatments.
Our guiding philosophy is an individualized approach to total health and well-being that results from nurturing the intrinsic healing of the whole person. We believe that mind, spirit and body are connected, thereby impacting each individual’s health.
Our mission is to serve, empower and partner with our patients and community on the path to wellness, transformation and wholeness.
The practice is unique for a number of reasons:
- Every member of our health care team is conventionally trained and certified as well as knowledgeable about integrative medicine.
- Your treatment program is tailored to your individual medical situation, including a customized diet and supplement plan.
- We prescribe each patient a personalized exercise program, as fitness must be incorporated into any lifestyle change, in consultation with exercise physiologists, physical therapists and personal trainers.
- We go beyond low-carbohydrate, low-fat or low-calorie approaches to tailor a dietary program that is right for you.
- We use a wider range of tests as predictors for the development of heart disease than most cardiologists do. Tests go beyond evaluating cholesterol levels and include tests for C-reactive protein, fibrinogen, homocysteine and lipoprotein (a).
- Dr. Fratellone is the only integrative physician in New York City with active hospital admitting privileges at three local hospitals.
We are committed to:
- Providing a patient-centered model of health care in which patient and practitioners partner to develop and implement a comprehensive approach to treatment;
- Ensuring that each practitioner attends to the whole person—body, mind, heart and spirit;
- Providing an environment conducive to both physical and energetic healing;
- Offering educational experiences and serving as a learning resource for medical professionals and others, including medical students, practitioners, staff members, patients, family members and the community;
- Promoting and providing natural health services to the community;
- Educating the public about natural medicine;
- Encouraging an appreciation of our connection to all of humanity and nature;
- Contributing to evidence-based research and education on integrative medicine.