Last summer, while sitting on my garden terrace, I wanted a cool drink to enjoy. I started to review some books for the best cold and refreshing drink. Of course I prefer any herbal iced tea – especially from the mint family.
I found a recipe for coconut water lemonade. It is refreshing and very easy to make. It involves 4 cups of coconut water, a few sprigs of fresh mint, 1/3 cup of fresh lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of unrefined brown sugar, and 2 tablespoons of water kefir grains.
- Combine 2 cups of coconut water, the sugar, and the mint in one pot. Heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining 2 cups of coconut water and kefir grains.
- Pour into a mason jar and cover with a lid. Place in a closet (or dark area) for 2 days.
- Strain it after 2 days, add your lemon juice, recover tightly, and let side for 1 day.
- Uncover and add some sugar if not sweet enough. I usually add stevia (or truvia).
This recipe is better explained in David Perlmutter's Brain Maker.