There are many individuals who fast. There are benefits to fasting You should consult your health care practitioner if fasting is safe for you
1. When you fast, insulin levels drop and human growth hormone increases. Your cells also initiate important cellular repair processes and change which genes they express.
2. Intermittent fasting helps you eat fewer calories, while boosting metabolism slightly. It is a very effective tool to lose belly fat.
3. Fasting triggers a metabolic pathway called autophagy, which removes waste material from cells.
4. Intermittent fasting may have important benefits for brain health. It may increase growth of new neurons and protect the brain from damage.
5. One of the most exciting applications of intermittent fasting may be its ability to extend lifespan. Studies in rats have shown that intermittent fasting extends lifespan in a similar way as continuous calorie restriction.